Placing Consulwal™ units:
While the Consulwal™ concrete wall forming system will provide an excellent
structure, good workmanship is still essential to obtain the best results.
Of particular importance are the following general guidelines:
1) Design horizontal measurements for walls and openings on
even one-foot centers.
2) Make footings level. Secure the first course of Consulwal™ units in a channel, which has been fastened to the footing.
3) Provide adequate bracing for corners. Vertical support
of walls shall be every 6 - 8 feet.
4) Measure and cut units with normal 'carpenter
5) Prepare wall alignment bracing and bucks for wall cut-outs
before starting concrete pour.
6) Place Consulwal™ units with the tongue
up and tongue and grove joint fully engaged. Offset vertical joints 12” and
ensure that the form centers are properly aligned.
7) Pour concrete lifts of 48” and
ensure that the concrete is placed with care so as to avoid surges or excessive
downward force (pumping is the recommended method)
8) Concrete must have a 5 " to 6" slump.